Top 15 Cryptocurrency by Market Capitalization and Price – 2013/2021

The trend of Cryptocurrencies in the last week has tended to be positive. In fact, after losing value over the last few weeks, Bitcoin and the other Crypto are back on the rise. In the article we will go deeper into the trend of Crypto from 2013 to 2021. Compared to the previous article, the video below will start from an earlier period and end with data updated to March 7, 2021.

Top 15 Cryptocurrency by Market Capitalization – 2013/2021

Let’s start by answering an initial question. Which Cryptos have the highest market capitalization excluding Bitcoin as of March 7, 2021? Etherum is the first Crypto in the world with the highest market capitalization. In fact, ETH has a value of about 191 billion 640 million. In second, third and fourth place we find Binance Coin, Tether and Cardano. These three Cryptocurrencies have an all around similar value. In fact, they range from 36 billion and 725 million of Binance Coin to 36 billion and 69 million of Cardano. Between the two Crypto we find Tether with a value of 36 billion and 474 million. Next in fifth position is Polkadot with almost 32 billion and then XRP with 21 billion and 190 million. Uniswap, Litecoin and Chainlink have a value between 10 billion and 20 billion. Closing from tenth to fifteenth position are Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, USD Coin, Dogecoin, Nem and Wrapped Bitcoin.

In the last week Etherum has had many changes. From December onwards ETH started to grow in a dizzying way. The highest value was touched on February 21, 2021 when it reached 222 billion in market capitalization. From February 21 to 28, Crypto fell by almost 60 billion and then rose again in this last week. In general to have gone up are most of the Cryptos like for example Litecoin, XRP, Tron, Eos Binance Coin and others like Uniswap. But despite a general positive trend, a few have gone down. Among them we find Cardano and Monero.

Top 20 Cryptocurrencies by Market Capitalization including Bitcoin – 7 march 2021

And if we add Bitcoin in the ranking of the world’s top Cryptos by Market Cap what changes? Bitcoin leads the way with over 954 billion (almost 955) in market capitalization. A value that far exceeds all other Cryptos as you can see from the table below.

To make more of what I explained above, namely the strength of Bitcoin among Cryptos, I made this treemap. The treemap shows the weight of Bitcoin, in terms of market capitalization, compared to Cryptos. In this case I took the top 20 Cryptos. As explained Bitcoin occupies more than half of the treemap. Next we find Etherum and the other cryptos mentioned above.

Top 20 Cryptocurrencies by Prizes – 7 march 2021

And in terms of price, what’s different? Again, we know how Bitcoin has a much higher price and value than other cryptos. In fact, as of March 7, 2021, Bitcoin’s price is about $51,000. Bitcoin, however, is surpassed by Wrapped Bitcoin which has a value 200 euros higher. In third place in terms of price is Etherum, which is also second in terms of market capitalization, followed by Bitcoin Cash and Aave. These two crytpo have a value of $516 and $407. Among the top 20 cryptos by market capitalization, those that are priced above $1 are 15 (75%). The remaining 25% have a value of less than $1.

Among the 20 Cryptos by market capitalization what is the percentage weight in terms of price? In order to show this data I have again used a treempap. In fact, this chart allows you to understand what is the price value among the top 20 cryptos. Again Bitcoin has a very high value, but along with it we find Wrapped Bitcoin.

And in the meantime, how is Dogecoin doing?
And where does Dogecoin stand? After the very strong growth between late January and early February Dogecoin seems to have stabilized. The market price today (March 8, 2021) is $0.05642. Up, in the last 24 hours by 11%. In terms of market capitalization Crypto is around 7 billion, also up 10.56% in the last 24 hours.
Dogecoin’s evolution from inception to today in terms of Market Capitalization – Source Coinmarketcap

Dogecoin’s performance in recent weeks (Market Capitalization) has seen a very strong increase. The market capitalization has come to over $10 billion.

Source and useful links

This video took over 4 hours to create. The database used was Coin Market Cap Historical Data.

To view the video on YouTube:

If you like it and want to support the channel donate a coffee to the Statistics and Data project:

Read more articles:
To follow the channel subscribe:

Support “Statistics and Data”

Other interesting data